August 12, 2009

Blogger Interview: Why We Blog #3...

Today, I'm continuing the blogger interviews on the subject, 'Why We Blog'. One of my daily reads since I started blogging has been Marley & Lockyer. Ness and I just connected and she was gracious enough to share with all of us! Thank you;)
-
What Inspires You? Anything to do with a home - inside and out, especially classic timeless interiors that can be touched, lived in and washed! Textures inspire me. The feel, colour and applications of materials like vintage toile, linen, velvets and old patterns give me so much to think of while I am creating something new be it a wedding layout, new cushion cover, bedding or an new interior design. And my Family are a huge inspiration. They are all very supportive of what I do and give great feedback. I think of all of you out there reading blogs and reading your own blogs as inspiration too.

What led you to begin the journey of blogging? I started originally to document the opening of our store, Marley & Lockyer and to keep a photo record of new things I found for the store and just as a diary of interiors etc I found beautiful. It has morphed into something so much more than that. Now I blog mostly about interiors although I still put on things that inspire and things I find lovely....the shop is still not open!!

What is an amazing thing that happened to you because of blogging? I would have to say all of the wonderful connections I have made, especially Brooke and Steve Giannetti, who have given me loads of advice over emails about getting back into the interior game. Also having some of my work shown in Interior magazines and being voted for different awards...it is all so humbling.

What is your day job? Full time Mum to 2 little Men and Domestic Goddess, as well as keeping the online shop and blog going. I have just started to do Interior Consulting again as well as styling events like Weddings....I LOVE IT! I couldn't ask for more.

What is your dream job? To finally have my shop open a website with online ordering and doing interior design from a little office in the shop somewhere. It would be even more perfect if it could happen in a purpose built barn on my property somewhere....one day.

Tell us a little about you? There isn't too much to me. I love home (obviously), my family, creating and Tasmaina. We moved here from mainland Australia about 6 years ago and haven't looked back. We are renovating an old home from 1883 which we adore. Most of what I do is self taught, like Brooke Giannetti. My art, sewing, design, putting things and colours together just seemed to be there from a very young age. My Mum had told me of a meeting she had with one of the Art masters from my high school who had said "We can't teach her. She just knows how to do it. What she does is not be the textbook way to do it, but God it works!". I thought that was so lovely. I used to sit with another girl in Art (my future Maid Of Honour) who was like me, couldnt be taught the convential way and we always competed for 1st and 2nd.

2 comments:

Chic Coles said...

Love hearing about why people blog and a little insight into their lives! Thanks!

Ness Lockyer said...

Thank you so much for asking me to participate. It is weird reading it back though...so many punctuation mistakes!!
Ness xx