August 18, 2009

Blogger Interview: Why We Blog #5...


Melissa and Wendy Cole are sisters that collaborate on the lovely blog, Chic Coles.

What inspires you? We love beautiful interiors and fun products. We get a lot of inspiration from magazines and from the color patters in nature.

What led you to the journey of blogging? Since my mom and I are 2000 miles away; she is in CT, I am in New Orleans, and my other sister, Cassandra is in San Francisco, we wanted a way to share ideas, products, and projects we are working on, with each other and anyone else who is interested. Our main starting point was " a collection or journal" of some of our favorite things!

What is an amazing thing that has happened to you because of blogging? Blogging has helped us make connections with people we never would have known! We have "blogging friends" in London, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong and every part of the US. We get to share ideas with them all over the world!

What is a little tidibit about both of you? Melissa: I am going to be a senior at Tulane University in New Orleans and I am majoring in Business as a marketing and consumer behavior major. Right now I am working as an executive assistant for an artist, Ashley Longshore and working at a clothing store, Per Me on Magazine Street. When I graduate, I hope to get a job at a public relations or marketing firm, or at a designer showroom. I interned at Trina Turk last summer and would love to pursue a career in that industry. In a few years, I hope to open a lifestyle (clothing and home furnishings/products) with my mom. Wendy: I am an interior designer and home stager and mother of three. I hope to continue my job I have right now in the lifestyle store with Melissa.

4 comments:

Jill GG said...

What a fun new blog (Chic Coles)... thanks for introducing it to me!

Megan said...

Melissa and Wendy are SO sweet, I'm glad to see this feature on them!!!

Kalee said...

Great interview with some very lovely ladies!

Chic Coles said...

Sarah, thank you so much for posting our answers to your"Why We Blog" We are honored to be on your wonderful blog! We have posted a great big thank you with a link back to your post. Thank you again so much!
From all the Coles