August 24, 2009

Blogger Interview: Why We Blog #8...

I find myself often scrolling through beautiful images on Haven and Home. Marianne has beautiful taste in fashion and an incredible design style. On her blog footer is such a lovely quote: "There seems to be within all of us an innate yearning to be lifted momentarily out of our own lives into the realm of charm and make believe."
-Dorothy Draper
-
What inspires you? Everything from magazines to shows to stores to nature. You name it and it inspires me!

Why did you began blogging? I started reading blogs and I loved them. I thought, "I should start one as a scrap book to myself of all the things I loved and were inspiring me at the time. Then it kind of took off and it has been great for business. Some days I love it, some days it feels like another job!

What is an amazing thing that happened to you because of blogging? The blog world is such an amazing place. I have met so many wonderful people and new clients through H&H. I always refer to someone as my blog friend and my Husband thinks I am crazy. It is funny how close you can feel to someone you have never met!

What is your day job? I am an Interior Decorator in Birmingham, Alabama. I started my own company a few years ago and I am enjoying learning something new every day. While you could say this is my dream job, I also dream of owning a store or having Kelly's job on Regis and Kelly.

No comments: