May 12, 2010

Walking Around Guide: Wedding Season + Summer Dresses...


Every once in awhile I will get emails asking about what styles I recommend for a party, how to reerrange the living room, or what menu would be great for a dinner party. It's all so fun! I've been giving recommendations behind the scenes, but recently decided to do a series called 'Walking Around Guide' so feel free to reach out anytime with questions and opo over to the blog to read as I post these sporadically.

First up, 'What to Wear to a Wedding'.

I have many thoughts on this, I always want to pack something easy, colorful, accessorize a simple dress, wear strappy heels. But it's easier said than done. I rarely find dresses I love, and it's tough to buy the dress and then go hunting for the perfect shoe. Firstly, I would personally want to know what the wedding colors are beforehand, it's not fun to show up wearing the color that is draped over tables and worn by 15 bridesmaids. After that, obviously it's important to wear colors that look great on you. I am fine with a classic black dress option, if it's accessorized with fun summery jewels. But I love color!

Firstly, bright pinks are gorgeous, pale or tan skinned, this color is complimentary for blondes and brunettes. I chose a long two-toned greek goddess style dress from J. Crew - I would pair it with diamond studs and strappy flats. This strapless electric pink Shoshanna dress is my fave, it can be dressed up or down and I think it would look fab with these heels.

Next, strapless, feminine and more color! This layered silk light yellow Adam dress is so beautiful, I think it's perfect for blondes and can be dressed up with this colorful bib necklace and purple grecian heels from Kate Spade. The bright blue Tibi dress hangs off the body and has a flowy feel to it, maybe not the best for a windy day, but with simple gold jewelry and slingbacks - this would be stunning.

1 comment: