February 8, 2011

Guest Blogger: Tulips and Flight Suits...



Day 3 of guest posts, and I couldn't be happier to have Mary back on Walking Around. I just love her blog Tulips and Flight Suits,  where she shares her style, recipes and thoughts on marriage and life, it's so refreshing. 



My Style Icons...
Gosh I could really use some of those! My mom has always teased me that I won't wear anything that isn't comfortable & I'm happiest in a white t-shirt, both of which are very true. I absolutely love J. Crew. Their clothes fit me really well, are high quality and seem to last/layer/work forever. I love the classic look with some fun/unexpected details (a skinny belt, a big bag, some stylish flats...)

My Latest Passion...
Yoga. As cheesy as it sounds, it's changed my life. It's re-taught me how to breathe. It's pushed me to try new things (like standing on my head!). I've also found it's a fun thing when you travel -- I love trying out a new studio, practicing with a new teacher. It's restorative & wonderful.

My Best Trait...
Eek, I think it might be my enthusiasm. I love getting excited about things -- whether it's a new restaurant, a weekend with dear friends, a cause I care about, two awesome people getting married -- I love finding the joy in things and emphasizing it.

I Would Love to Travel to…
So many places! Ryan & I love traveling together -- there's something about being some place totally new together that's just so incredible. Our list keeps growing, but if you made me pick four, it'd be Croatia, Italy, Greece and Australia. I also would really love to go to Maine in the summertime.

I Feel Most Beautiful When...
I'm with Ryan. In that sense, it sort of makes every day like our wedding day. He looks at me, smiles, and I just feel beautiful.

My Favorite Musical Artist of the Moment...
Can I say Pandora? I've been listening to a lot of Dave Barnes & Tyrone Wells.

My Winter Consists of...
Warm drinks, indoor fireplace s'mores, great blankets, comfort foods & time with people I'm crazy about.

I Am Grateful For...
A really broad definition of family. My husband & I love having lots of people around our table, showing up in our friend's lives, spending our time traveling to see loved ones -- it just matters so much. (only one person in the above picture is actually related to us, they're all family)


images: pinterest 1, 2, 3, 4

3 comments:

Thelma Frayne said...

Loving these introductions to new bloggers!

Unknown said...

Love this post!! So warm, so simple. And those pictures are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Dear Admin,
I visite your website, its extremely impressive, I love it.
Whether men's suits should match the date's dress or not is one of those age old questions that everyone seems to have an opinion about.
Men's suit
Best Regards
Salena