July 8, 2011

Guest Post: Summer Destinations ~ Tomboy Style...



So excited to have Lizzie here today from Tomboy Style, one of my favorite bloggers dishing about one of my favorite cities...summer destination: San Francisco!

***

My husband and I are hopping on the short flight from LAX to SFO for the weekend to visit friends and enjoy "The Paris of the West".

1. Mark Twain may not be synonymous with San Francisco, but one of his maxims has become quite the S.F. cliché ("The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"). I love collecting old books with fun covers and could imagine this one jumping into my Etsy cart in the near future. 

2. My husband and I are staying with friends for the weekend in The Mission, who have a thing for nautical ephemera, I'll be sure to send them this awesome thank you card made from the San Franciscan letterpress, Yellow Owl Workshop.

3. Heath Ceramics is such a fantastic and Bay Area institution. I recently scored a set of vintage Heath plates at a thrift store in Orange County for next to nothing, but wouldn't mind shelling out for some of their beautiful glassware. 

4. I live for essential oils, especially when I travel, and am a big fan of everything from the Berkeley-based company Juniper Ridge and their Big Sur blend.

5. There are so many things to love about S.F., but for me the biggest draw is the food. It is, in my book, the best eating city in the country. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's time to grab a beer-battered Sweetwater Oyster Po' Boy with bacon remoulade from Hog Island Oyster Co. at The Ferry Building. (photo via TheFoodinista.com)

6. My favorite SF-based online vintage store is no doubt Paris Hotel Boutique. I'm lust over the oil paintings that come in on a weekly basis and definitely have my eye on this guy. 




No comments: