February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...



I'm a very lucky girl to be celebrating this hallmark holiday with my love. Tonight we dine on sushi and enjoy a date night on the town. We both feel really grateful to have found one another - and to think, all I had to do was...


Say yes, to my company offering to move me from NYC to Chicago to start an office here and grow the Central territory - at first my reply was 'no', but I packed my bags and relocated to the windy city. And then, one day at the tail end of winter, I reconnected with a former co-worker on LinkedIn - somehow after jaunts in CA and NY - we had both ended up in Chicago in the same industry. The fellow has a knack for creating fun and getting groups of random people together...and invited me out one Thursday eve in June. At first, I said 'no'. Because I had plans with a girlfriend, but as fate would have it, she was not able to meet for dinner after all. So...I could meet my friend and his acquaintances - 6pm at the Bucktown Pub. I walk in, see my handsome man (a stranger at the end of the bar), he looks at me, I look at him. And a few minutes later we are all getting corralled together as we are unknowingly in the same group. I ended up at dinner at Club Lucky with 5 guys. It might have been one of the funniest evenings I have ever had and I laughed till the wee hours. One of those gentleman is my bf. The man I saw instantly when I walked in the bar. If many things had been different - I may not be where I am today, living with my lovey and our pup. I think about that a lot...it's very Sliding Doors;) Enjoy some champagne and sweets tonight with lovers, or friends or just a good old movie with your sweats on...if you have found love - hold on to it, and if you haven't, just wait, it's around the corner;) 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope your day is great! sounds like it will be :)

i love sliding doors

Taylor said...

love stories like this! if many things had been different I wouldn't have met mine either - and he was the first person I saw when I walked into a party at a strangers apt solo bc my friend had bailed and I almost didn't go. hope you have a great v-day!!

Nicole said...

This is such a cute little story. Have so much fun tonight...sushi sounds so good right now too!

Happy V day! xoxo

audrey marie said...

awwww i love your story!!! xoxox


- and yes! get together SOON

- said...

happy valentines! hope you have a beautiful day.

xx
Cat

flauntandrepeat.com

Marielle said...

Terrific "cute meet." Spent today in Chicago--French Market,Club Lagos for lunch, then Peoria Meat Market. Isn't Chicago a great city. Even in the winter.

kelly eastwood said...

so sweet, sarah! happy valentines day!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Sweet story! Hope you had a great day!

Alexa said...

Ah what a wonderful story, Sarah Jane. Hope you had a perfect Valentine's Day. xo

Kirby said...

Loved hearing this story! Hope your Valentine's Day was lovely!

Kirby
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Raj said...

Such an adorable little story
Isn't it funny how these things have a way of working themselves out
Hope you both celebrated in style