September 16, 2011

Guest Post: Fall Loves from Note to Self...



Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, visiting from Note to Self. As a total sentimentalist, I get rather giddy and nostalgic when the seasons begging to change. Autumn is no exception - the leaves, the smells, the food, the costume parties! Oh my... But without further ado, here are the top five things I'm really "Falling For" right now...
1. Revisiting old favorites: as the days grow shorter and the nights longer, you can't go wrong snuggling up to an old favorite. In my queue: Meet Me In St. Louis, You've Got Mail, and Little Women (this version, too.)
2. New comfort foods: Whenever fall rolls around, it's fun to pay extra attention to food blogs and seek out some new comfort food recipes to try. This "tomato cobbler" on Honey & Jam caught my eye right away. Yum!
3. Touches of tartan: Can you go wrong adding some of this classic print to your home or wardrobe? I don't think so. Here in Savannah, Georgia, we can't wear anything wool so soon in the year, but just the look of it in a napkin or table cloth can get us in the fall spirit. Worth reading: this Martha Stewart LIving post on the subject, or a classic book, Tartan: Romancing the Plaid (Amazon, from $59).
4. Penny loafers: These certified classics are everywhere this fall. I say add these to a pair of rolled jeans, cafĂ© capris, or a cute dress as an alternative to ballet flats. I've been eying this Bass pair for a while now. Time to take the plunge?
5. Gallery walls: They are the excuse we all needed to keep the little things we love close at hand, right? Over the summer, I began the process of curating some keepsakes: prints, vintage scarves, ticket stubs and shopping bags (yes, shopping bags) to frame on a gallery wall. Bring on the hammers and nails! (DIY tip: unroll some butcher paper on the floor, layout and outline your frames, and use the paper as a headache-free guide for nails on the wall.)
Well, I hope you enjoyed these tid-bits. Don't be a stranger now.
Many thanks for having me over, Sarah!
xo,
(another) Sarah

3 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

im smitten with those penny loafers. too cute.
xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Noelani said...

Everyone should take the plunge with the Bass penny loafers!! I have a vintage pair that I just can't stop wearing.

Alexandra Steinmetz said...

Love this post. I get the exact same way in the fall!